Hands-On Nature for Young Children
Once a month hands-on nature programs September through June for preschool children and a caregiver. Includes song or story, hike and often a craft. These classes are held 10:00 – 11:00 a.m. the third Friday of each month (except March). Prepay for five classes and get a sixth class free. Fee: $3.00/child. Call DRA to register.
- January 20 – Animal Tracks and Trails: Look for wildlife tracks and signs at NORGAL preserve.
- February 17 – Winter Wonderland: Go dogsledding and build special snow-shelters called quinzhees.
- March 10 – Maple Taste: Tap a tree, taste some sap, learn about trees and eat some pancakes!
- April 21 – Marsh Muck: Visit the march with nets and to see what tiny creatures we can find.
- May 19 – Amazing Alewives: Meet at the Alewife ladder to learn about the lives of these amazing fish.